Monday 23 April 2012

Rapprochement

Psalm 141:2-3a "Let my prayer be counted as incense before you, and the lifting up of my hands as the evening sacrifice. Set a guard, O Lord, over my mouth; keep watch over the door of my lips. Do not let my heart incline to any evil."

Lord, this...like David before me, is my prayer for these days of transition. As the unity that has so occupied our prayers over the last couple of years comes to fruition, we will all need an extra measure of grace, liberally salted with a holy wisdom. Father, may the words that come out of our mouths become instruments of healing and rapprochement; all that we do build your church rather than rend it apart and bring glory rather than disrepute to your name.

For we know that this is a move of your Spirit. It isn't about winners and losers, but about faithfulness and obedience to your call for unity, that we should be one as Jesus and the Father are one.

We are your servants...use us Lord, we pray, to see your gospel fulfilled in this land.

Amen
Sent on the TELUS Mobility network with BlackBerry

No comments:

Post a Comment